Operations and Finance Director
Job Title: Operations and Finance Director, Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3hp-RMNCAH)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Operations & Finance Director.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for an Operations & Finance Director for an anticipated USAID project in Tanzania focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes by increasing use and access to high quality services. The Operations & Finance Director will assist the Chief of Party in ensuring the overall success of the project and will be responsible for managing project day-to-day aspects of the project’s operations. S/he will ensure adherence to institutional and donor-specified financial management and compliance. The position will be based in Tanzania and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Operations & Finance Director will have the following responsibilities:
Set up and adjust as needed all field-based administrative, financial, procurement, HR and other operational systems and processes, and organize appropriate training and orientation on policies and systems for all field staff at the time of hire and on-going through the life of project.
Oversee all administrative and logistical staff in the main and field offices.
Cooperate closely with the Chief of Party on all administrative matters.
Work closely with regional and/or headquarters administrative (including financial, contracts, HR, etc.), program, and operational teams to ensure timely and quality reporting, and lead the field team in office/program set-up and close-out processes.
Assure that the project is in compliance with USAID and FHI 360 regulations and procedures.
Provide direction and guidance to local staff and subcontractor staff on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, financial, HR and logistical questions.
Coordinate the development and implementation of the project operational procedures, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Tanzanian context.
Develop and facilitate supportive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Participate in strategic planning.
Serve as a program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the Chief of Party.
- Master’s Degree in program management, international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required.
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management.
- Knowledge and experience working within the health sector; experience with program management for USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Experience with a USG contract is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.