Job Title: Chief of Party
Location: Dar es salaam
Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus (PS3+) Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus (PS3+). This five-year activity will support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) to improve public systems that are responsive to citizen needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. This activity is designed to strengthen Regional and Local Government Authority (LGA) systems across sectors to promote the delivery of quality essential services, equity and responsiveness, transparency and accountability, and facility autonomy to raise and allocate resources.
The COP will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure that the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction to the project;
- Serves as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, the Government of Tanzania, key government and non-government institutions and actors, and project stakeholders and counterparts in the public and private sectors;
- Supervise senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and subcontracting organizations;
- Responsible for overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical coordination;
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision;
- Ensures all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Oversees project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Identifies issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments; and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- A master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, international development, or a related advanced degree;
- At least fifteen(15) years of professional experience managing large, complex health projects in developing countries, with at least ten years of experience working on health systems strengthening, local governance, public financial management, citizen engagement and social accountability, and/or health financing projects in Tanzania; experience with private sector engagement preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying health systems strengthening, local governance, public financial management, citizen engagement and social accountability, and/or health financing approaches within and outside of the health sector
- Track record of progressive responsibility, including at least ten years providing senior-level leadership (e.g., Chief of Party, Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar scale, scope and complexity;
- USAID experience preferred;
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.