Core Network Engineer
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable Tanzanian candidate for the Core Network Engineer Position .The incumbent will be responsible for responsible for managing IN and CS core network planning, implementation and operations in the execution of Airtel Tanzania’s Network AoP Strategy and also for interfacing with other business units in providing technical solutions to business requirements related to these systems.
1. Core network capacity and architecture aligned to the Business requirements
Work with Partners/Vendors to ensure the delivery of core network change plan that aligns network capacity, features and architecture to business requirements specified by AoP
Coordinate and manage implementation of core network (Both NSS and BSS) projects as per approved network change plan (NCP);
Monitor core network (NSS & BSS) statistics and initiate architecture/homing plans to re-optimize core network elements capacity usage
Manage 3rd party network elements integration with core network
Manage system numbering resources (Global titles, Signaling point codes, Routing Numbers) and naming convention to ensure new nodes adhere to uniformity in network element names and preserving signaling network integrity
2 . Efficient interconnection with other operators/networks
Manage connectivity of all (hub and own)links terminated in London
Maintain evenly distributed capacity to ensure redundant links to international carriers;
Plan and manage implementation of international transit switching
Design and manage implementation of new interconnects, both national and international
3. Intelligent Networks capacity, features and architecture aligned to business requirements
Work with partners/vendors to ensure delivery of IN network change plan that aligns charging system capacity, features and architecture to business requirements
Monitor and track utilization and KPI statistics for IN systems.
Follow through revenue impacting issues related to prepaid billing systems and services
Interface with business units to understand requirements business requirements and provide technical solutions to meet them
Qualifications and Experience;
- Bachelors Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- Professional qualification/certification in Project Management Techniques and related disciplines is an added davantage
- 5+ years minimum working experience in telecommunications field, preferably in Ericsson core network environment
- Experience on delivering multiple complex projects
- MS office proficiency
- Results oriented
- Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd February 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.