Other Zanzibar District Zanzibar
- As a primary contact for servicing the computer hardware you will manage and monitor all computer hardware and make sure systems are installed properly and working efficiently.
- Understand all standards and customized features and functions of the Hotel Front Office System (oracle suite 8)
- Ensure that all computer media saves, and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per specifications
- Notify department heads (HODs) on current computer related issues, new releases, MIS trends, viruses etc.
- Manage the configuration reports, program files and data files on the computer systems to ensure maximum operating efficiency
- Train employees to enable them to take responsibility during the absence of IT colleagues.
- Be primary contact with all computer-related external vendors
- Ensure all hotel routine maintenance for IT equipment comply with policies and standard
- Ensure all hotel policies and information securities comply with standards.
- Run routing software/hardware inventory check and report the status to hotel management team
- Inspects the Network performance and redo the network design if necessary to meet the hotel operation needs
- Take preventive measures to foresee, identify and analyze the potential system performance issues
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guest with their requests and complaints making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction·
- A university degree from accredited institution of higher in IT or any other related IT field
- Five (5) year’s post qualification experience with two (2) years’ in a similar position, in a hospitality industry
- Thorough working knowledge of alcatel network switches, alcatel PABX system and structured cabling both data and voice.
- Clear understanding of network segmentation using vlans
- Experience in hotel systems (Materials Control – MC, SUN system, Oracle Suite 8, Micros m9700)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of online reputation tools is an added advantage
- Great communication skills
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking and able to work under pressure