BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
- Position: Internal Auditor
Job location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Salary Range: Negotiable
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- To conduct internal audit of BRAC Programmes as per Annual Internal Audit Plan, Types of internal audits (not limited to):
- Annual Audit
- Continuous Audit
- Special Audit
- Risk Based Audit
- Physical Verification of Inventory
- Surprise Audit
- Departmental Process Audit
- Financial Statements Audit
- Legal and donor compliance Audit
- Preparation of summary report on Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ)
- Compliance of the Organization Policy/Procedure.
- To prepare Audit report and submit to Head of Internal Audit/CEO (as per requirement)
- To face review on Draft Audit Report and working file with Head of Internal Audit
- To compare and finalize Draft Audit Report after review
- To comply with reporting structure and filing properly with adequate evidences.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
- Proven knowledge of internal auditing standards and procedures, country laws, rules and regulations
- Self-motivated, determined and confidence.
- Self-Driven, flexible, resilient and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading and writing)
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Accounting software/ERP
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance is strongly preferred
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/CIA/ACCA (Part Qualified) will be given preference.
Experience: Minimum three years of experience in any reputed Audit Firm or three years of working experiences in internal audit department of any financial institution.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: