Request for proposal for hiring a firm or an Independent legal advisor for Education Development Trust in Rwanda.
Education Development Trust is a British not for profit organization that works collaboratively with governments, schools and other partners from around the world to design and deliver sustainable solutions to improve education and transform lives. Education Development Trust is coordinating the implementation of the Building Learning Foundations Programme in Rwanda that aims at improving learning outcomes in English and Mathematics for children in lower primary grades.
While implementing the Building Learning Foundations programme across the country, Education Development Trust creates partnerships and engages with different stake holders which require legal guidance. It is with this regard that Education Development Trust is interested in engaging an individual or legal firm to take on the advisory role with us and support the organization in compliance to the laws in Rwanda.
- Roles and responsibilities of the legal advisor
The legal advisor will engage in a number of assignments as shall be deemed necessary by Education Development Trust. These assignments include.
- Advise on all complex and simple legal issues that may hinder our effective implementation of the Building Learning Foundations Programme,
- Support with drafting staff contracts, service contracts and ensure effective alignment to labour and taxation laws in the country.
- Assessment of legal risks and providing mitigating strategies to the institution.
- Advise on risks factors that may include, inter alia, human resources (which should tackle redundancy issues, difference of contracts’ terms and conditions, change of salary scales and benefits, leave days, etc.) assets, liabilities, taxation and governance.
- Support management of policy formulation and checking compliance to existing laws and regulations in the country.
- Draft and follow up on the relevant MoUs with relevant line ministries and follow up on timely approvals.
- Support on all employment matters, contracts, follow-up on fraud, and corrections after fraud
- Support on Governance issues including registration with RGB and MoU with line ministries.
The selected law firm/Individual legal advisor will work outside the office but maintain close contact with the Programme Director to ensure provision of support in a more timely and formal manner to the expectation of management.
- Required Qualifications
We are looking for individuals/Consultancy firm that is well familiar and has a complex understanding of the employment, tax, Governance and partnership legal framework in Rwanda. The individual or the firm proposed individuals must
- Have highly recognized qualifications in law (a least a Masters, a doctorate is an added merit)
- The firm must have a registered lawyer (s) with a Diploma in legal Practice (ILPD).
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in the field of legal advisory and consultancy to be expressed in their working background.
- Proofs of Previous role in legal advisory with an organization of similar complex
- For the Firm, it must have a competent qualified person (s) that shall be assigned to EdDevTrust.
- Being legally registered practicing firm.
- Prior proof of experience in contracts making and reviews and such related consultancy work.
- Proof of managerial positions with institutions set toward risk and providing mitigating strategies to the institution
- Firm registered proof of experience in labour and tax laws
- Ability to producing reports and publishing in English language.
The assigned team of legal advisors/firm shall work hand-in hand with the Programme Director who shall also be the focal point person on behalf of Education Development Trust.
6.Confidentiality of information:
All documents and materials produced will be treated as confidential and used solely for Education Development Trust work. No information related to the assignment will be used by the consultant for any purpose other than the purpose stated herein, unless otherwise approved by the Education Development Trust management.
Note that the assignment will be given on demand/need based and the agreement will be initially for one year with a possibility of extension upon, inter alia, satisfaction of service delivery and availability of funds.
The post Independent legal Advisor for Education Development Trust at Education Development Trust appeared first on JobWebRwanda.