Tanzania Human Resources Specialist
HR Specialist will oversees all Business as Usual and implements strategy, ensure, timely services, build trust with all staff and partners both in our offices and field, ensure compliance with One Acre Fund policies and Labor Law.
LOCATION TYPE Field
OPEN To National applicants only
The HR Specialist oversees all Business as Usual and implements strategy, as directed by the HR Department Head. The HR Specialist ensures timely services, works to build trust with all staff, and partners with managers both in our offices and in the field. They ensure compliance with One Acre Fund policies and Tanzania Labor Law.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a quickly growing Human Resources team – including: creation of long-term team growth plans, management of HR projects, professional development of the HR department
• Manage a Human Resource team and full employee base across multiple regions/geographies and types of contracts within Tanzania
• Propose long-term strategy for the Human Resource department and propose & execute key projects to take One Acre Fund Tanzania towards this vision
• Reinforce the culture of an organization that genuinely cares for its staff, and effectively looks after their needs, receiving all grievances and issues, responding, and always providing pay and other benefits at the appropriately promised time
• Create and improve integral Human Resources policies, processes and systems with a heavy focus on ensuring quality and fairness of systems
• Improve adherence to Human Resource policies through trainings and communication
• Constantly gather input from fellow staff members across departments to ensure the effectiveness of our policies
• Creation and management of the One Acre Fund Tanzania Policy and Procedure guide
• Play an integral + active role in One Acre Fund’s Women’s Leadership Council in order to ensure strong female policies and address key barriers
• Support monthly Payroll to a quickly growing TZ team with 300+ employees with minimal error (under 1%), and which follows complete financial control policies to avoid incorrect payments
• Manage and ensure the quality of our Sexual Harassment policy and procedures, including: process creation, claim tracking, investigation, etc.
• Manage all One Acre Fund Tanzania employee information
• Manage processes for anonymous employee claims, inquiries, and issues
• Manage all loan processes and improvements to the process
• Creation and management of One Acre Fund Tanzania’s general onboarding for new hires
• Manage and improve One Acre Fund’s disciplinary process and ensure compliance with Tanzanian labor law
• Manage troubleshooting with key farmer issues (solar light issue resolution, farmer funeral insurance)
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3 or more year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Strong work experience, preferably leading an HR team at a non-profit organization
• Strong educational background; preferably a Degree in Human Resources or a related field. Masters in HR is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
• Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
Iringa with travels to our field locations
Commensurate with experience
Tanzania Human Resources Specialist