Danish Refugee Council – Tanzania
Job Description –Human Resource And Administration Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, community based protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps. And starting from January, 2020, DRC will be implementing Camp management, Community based protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyaragusu refugee camp.
Name of the Position: – Human Resource And Administration Assistant
Reports to: – HR and Admin Team Leader
Supervise: – Cleaners and Guards
Duty Station: – Nyaragusu Refugee Camp
- To ensure Interpretation and adaptation of HR policy with the support from HR and Admin Team Leader
- Insure HR policies are in line with national legislation with with the support from HR and Admin Team Leader
- To attend Dispinary hearing and to advice the commitee accordingly
- To make follow up on acting
- To prepare staff cpntracts and to review incentive contracts.
- Conduct and facilitate the recruitment process and selection procedure in close coordination with the with the relevant supervisers.;
- Conduct a session of orientation for new employees with organization policies, norms, values and work set up,
- Maintain personnel file,
- To maintain and update DRC’s human resources database (in Dynamics systerm);
- To maintain and update DRC’s staff directory;
- Prepare HR related monthly /quartely reports as required;
- Supervise and closely monitor the Leave Record of employees (in Dynamics systerm).
- Perform other Admin Issues as directed by supervisor.
- To follow up on staff wealfare
- To follow up on staff medical insuarrance for both national and international staff and their depedants in case of evacuation.
- Advice staff members on their rights,obligations,benefits,entitlements and assist them in interpreting DRC staff rules an regulations.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant field;
- 2-3-year relevant work experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV online No hardcopy application will be accepted
Deadline for applications is 20th of December, 2019
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.ngo
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise
Humanitarian approach & the work we do
Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
Culture, values & strong leadership
Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 20 December, 2019