Head Of Finance And Administration – Hanns Seidel Foundation
The Hanns-Seidel Foundation (HSF) Tanzania & Uganda is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Finance and Administration.
The HSF is a German political foundation whose mission is to foster democracy, peace and development. Currently HSF is implementing projects in over 60 countries worldwide. In Tanzania we are currently involved in projects concerning women political empowerment, social entrepreneurship, Civic Participation and Citizen Friendly Policing. In close collaboration with local and international partners, HSF is creating and implementing social projects.
The envisaged start date of the Head of Finance and Administration is as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work under the supervision of the Resident Representative
• In charge of financial oversight of HSF expenditures, budgeting and accounting
• Manage the HSF bank accounts
• Regularly identify and highlight potential financial risks
• Check activity accounts from partner organisations against HSF financial guidelines and enter data into internal bookkeeping system on a continuous basis
• Follow up with partner organisations on required accounting documents and receipts
• Assess financial capacities of partner organisations
• Train and supervise the partners as well as HSF staff in the preparation of financial reports and guidelines
• Ensure that funds are available according to the approved budget and that reports are delivered on the agreed time as per HSF regulations
• Lead the management of the projects` accounting processes according to the Foundation’s rules and regulations including verification of accounting documents, maintaining financial records, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual HSF budget as well as the half-yearly and yearly analysis of expenditure
• Supervise collaboration with external project auditors
• Maintain proper monthly accounting records including an analysis of accounts to ensure that the Resident representative receives timely and accurate information
• Assist in the coordination, participate and planning of HSF activities
• Manage the payroll system in order to ensure all staff are paid on a timely and accurate basis
• Ensure personnel records and file are maintained
• Supervise the Administrative Assistant in the performance of all financial and administrative tasks
• Work in close collaboration with the Program Manager, Regional Administrative Director for East Africa as well as other HSF staff where necessary
• Provide financial and human resources advice and guidance to the Resident Representative
• Liaise and maintain healthy communication among and between institutions and development partners
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Resident Representative
• Professional degree in Finance and Administration or Accounting
• At least five (5) years of work experience in financial management. Previous experience with projects in international organisations is a strong asset
• Ability to work in an international team
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word, spreadsheet and/or database software
• Very good knowledge of English and Swahili. German is a strong asset
• Readiness to travel if needed. Besides a competitive salary, the foundation will provide additional benefits such as a 13th-month salary and a health insurance package.
The duty station will be in Dar es Salaam.
No inquiries on the process of selection will be addressed. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.