TERMS OF REFERENECE FOR RECRUITING NEW STAFF FOR IPC
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING IPC NEW STAFF
IPC, “Initiative pour la participation Citoyenne” is a local non-governmental organization composed of 5 local civil society organisations namely SDA-IRIBA; IPFG; EAR Kigeme Diocese; UNICOOPAGI and CDJP Gikongoro. It considers itself as a bridging entity between citizens and local government. It aims at promoting socio-economic development and strengthening citizen participation in planning and monitoring processes of local governments. It is based in Gasaka Sector Nyamagabe District, Southern province of Rwanda, and operates in Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Nyamasheke.
A society where people effectively participate in the sustainable development of their communities, their country, and consider the results achieved as their own heritage.
Promote citizen participation through a framework of exchange, consultation, and joint actions to improve the living conditions of the target populations.
Purpose of recruitment
Recently IPC secured funding from European Union to support the implementation of the project entitled” Improve adaptation and mitigation capacities for target communities against COVID-19 effect in Rwanda.” In Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Nyamasheke Districts of Rwanda.
The overall objective of this project is to improve adaptation and mitigation capacities for targeted communities against covid-19 effects in Rwanda.
Specific objectives are:
(1) To improve the income generating activities for 1,300 peoples in Nyaruguru, Nyamagabe and Nyamasheke districts within 4 months;
(2) To contribute to food access particularly people having visual impairment across 25 RUB branches in the country;
(3) To improve awareness about People with disabilities’ rights, especially those PWVI among Rwandan Community within 4 months;
(4) To improve access, analysis, management, and use of accurate information by the targeted journalists within 4 months.
Note that IPC will implement only the first specific objective and the two remaining ones will be implemented by other co-partners (RUB& EYE)
RUB refers to Rwanda Union of the Blind
EYE refers to Ejo Youth Echo
- Finance and administration manager (1 position)
Roles and responsibilities Under the direct supervision of the IPC Executive Secretary and in close collaboration with all members of the network, the Finance, and administration manager will be responsible for the following activities:
a) Budget Management·
- Contribute to the development of the budgeted work program;·
- Elaborating tools for monitoring the budget execution;·
- Prepare and monitor the execution of budget forecasts;·
- Ensure the monitoring of overall budget execution (IPC and co-applicants) using the budget execution matrix.
b) Accounting Management·
- Maintain general, budgetary and analytical accounts;·
- Develop accounting imputation sheets;·
- Ensure project accounting;·
- Carry out the obligatory accounting books;·
- Participate in the realization and verification of accounting operations and analyze the accounts;·
- Ensure the archiving, saving, filing of documents and accounting supports;·
- Establish monthly bank reconciliation statements,·
- Ensure the payment of invoices;·
- Monitor supplier accounts (advance, debts, receivables, etc.),·
- Maintain the archiving of accounting documents and the file of furniture;·
- Produce any accounting information requested by the Executive Secretary;·
- Prepare monthly financial statements;·
- Make an inventory at the end of the project;·
- Elaborating the project closing report;·
- Elaborate the financial reports of the project.
C. Financial management·
- Prepare and follow up monthly requests for withdrawal of funds;·
- Analysis of financial reports transmitted by co-applicants;·
- Analysis of funds requests transmitted by co-applicants;·
- Establish monthly financial monitoring reports;·
- Propose any action that could contribute to the financial autonomy of the IPC;·
- Plan in time all the technical and financial activities of the project and submit the plans to the Executive Secretary for approval;·
- Contribute to the design of project proposals taking into account the mission of the IPC and the needs expressed by the members of the IPC.
d) Administrative Management·
- Prepare and examine documents relating to departures and arrivals from field missions;·
- Contribute to the proper archiving of administrative, accounting and financial documents;·
- Participate in the organization of committee meetings and events linked to the network;·
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external audit missions;·
- Perform any related task requested by the Executive Secretary.
e) Property Management·
- Receive and monitor acquisitions;·
- Monitor the movable assets made available to the network and to the co-applicants;·
- Carry out the accounting treatment of stocks;·
- Carry out inventories of stocks and furniture.
- Must be Rwandan by nationality
- Experience of at least 3years in administration and finance related work; project management;
- Experience of working with Civil Society Organizations particularly in the management of projects financed by the European Union;
- Experience with general ledger functions;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, management, economy;
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills;
- Familiar with accounting soft wares like SAGE, Quick book, etc;
- Familiar with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda;
- Able to work under minimum pressure;
- Teamwork spirit;
- Knowledge in elaboration of concept notes and project proposals;
- Having a driving license should be an added value.
Females candidate are encouraged to apply.
The post Finance and Administration Manager at Initiative pour la participation Citoyenne appeared first on Jobweb Rwanda.