Finance and Administration Manager
Community-Based Sociotherapy Rwanda
Starting date: 1st February 2020
The organization Community-Based Sociotherapy Rwanda (CBS Rwanda) was established to contribute to the psychosocial well-being of people affected by the Genocide against the Tutsi and to strengthen interpersonal reconciliation and social cohesion at the grass-roots level. The community-based sociotherapy approach uses the group as a therapeutic medium in the establishment of trust, the creation of an open environment for discussion and the formation of peer-support structures. The socio-groups facilitate community members to identify, acknowledge, share, and manage together their everyday psychosocial problems related to the recent history of political violence and its aftermath.
CBS would like to recruit a qualified, dynamic and highly motivated candidate of high moral character and professional integrity to fill the position of Finance and Administration Manager. The Finance and Administration Manager will be part of the senior secretariat team based at CBS head office in Kigali. S/he will be responsible for the overall financial management including administration, budgeting, monitoring and reporting according to the financial principles and regulations. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Manager
- Propose, develop and implement financial and accounting policies and procedures;
- Lead the budget monitoring process by maintaining oversight of the Community Based Sociotherapy’s finances, including income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow positions;
- Supervise the protection of the partners’ project assets through internal control procedures, implementing and improving as needed asset inventory systems and implementing fraud policy, identify weaknesses of monitoring mechanisms and address them immediately;
- Prepare the quarterly financial reports on behalf of the secretariat for the Board of Directors and ensure that accurate financial reports are provided in a timely and correct manner to the donor organization;
- Review the quarterly plans of the Field Teams, partner organizations and their quarterly financial reports;
- Facilitate and coordinate internal and external audits and follow up on recommendations;
- Manage an appropriate accounting system for the project in coordination with the Secretariat Team members;
- Support the accountants in the preparation of payments of the CBS activities at Head Office;
- Perform regular field visits and coordinate linking and learning between the partners’ Accountants;
- Ensure that all bank/cash vouchers are properly issued by the Head Office and partners;
- Maintain accurate inventory schedule reporting and track any discrepancies;
- Follow up on the transfer of funds to ensure that funds reach the intended people;
- Check on monthly cash reconciliation. Do the cash spot check;
- Check whether supporting documents such as requisitions, invoices, and other supporting documents are available and comply with the financial policy;
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness to ensure compliance before making payment/reimbursement.
- Update internal administrative systems by making the analysis of the administrative and legal context in Rwanda and organize the staff’s administrative management regarding the legal and human resource framework;
- Liaise closely with legal advisors to ensure adherence with Rwandan laws, in particular, labor laws;
- Ensure the smooth running of the CBS by making sure that the legal and administrative systems are adhered to by partners;
- Supervise the administration of premises to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and services;
- Set up the recruitment procedures in cooperation with the secretariat and establish contacts for the staff members;
- Prepare the medical coverage policy for the newly hired staff;
- Ensure the management of payroll and payroll‐related recording of staff working in CBS and advising in drafting new contracts for staff and subcontractors;
- Assist and negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers to ensure cost-effective services and of quality and timely service;
- Develop and update tools and templates to ensure donor requirements are being adhered to and ensure staff are trained in their usage.
Profile of the candidate
- Bachelor degree in accounting with a Master’s degree in a relevant field like Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics;
- A candidate holding a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) degree is highly desirable;
- At least 5 years of experience in financial and grant management, including budget preparation, monitoring, control and reporting, international donor compliance, resource management, preferably within a Non-Governmental Organization;
- Experience working with national and international large donors, for example, European Union, Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands, USAID, DFID, UNDP… or equivalent and familiarity with their various compliance rules and regulations;
- Demonstrable experience in heading a financial team;
- Proven knowledge of Rwandan labor laws including administrative and legal procedures and policies;
- Experience in establishing contracts for staff members, external consultants, memorandum of understanding with donors and partner organizations;
- Ability to write clear and well-argued financial statements;
- Demonstrable experience in executing internal financial audits;
- Experience with preparing and facilitating financial trainings for staff members;
- An honest, reliable and very accurate person;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Fluent English and Kinyarwanda both verbal and written. The knowledge of French is an added advantage. Experience in developing resource mobilization strategies;
- Experience in using accounting software like Sage, Tompro and preferably QuickBooks.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time position. The Finance and Administration Manager is based at the Head Office in Kigali with regular travel to the field offices.
The post Finance and Administration Manager at Community Based Sociotherapy Rwanda (CBSR) appeared first on JobWebRwanda.