About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Field Data Verification Manager (FDVM) is a key actor in TUBURA’s continued commitment to providing all of our clients with great customer service, ensuring compliance with government regulations and internal policy, and assisting the TUBURA Systems and Field Divisions in identifying and correcting data errors.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will manage a team of 4 field data verification agents under the supervision of team lead
- You will provide performance evaluation and reviews for your team every 6 month
- You will ensure the personal and professional growth of those you will be managing
- you will ensure a good quality of work of the field data verification agents you will be in charge of
- you will work with your manager and Field data verifications controls manager to plan for weekly field visits of the team
- You will be responsible for preparing and distributing the materials to your team
- You will be responsible for Conducting onsite and off-site team training about processes and policies
- Follow up with agents to make sure they comply with policies and processes.
- You will collect and data enter KPIs about your team on a daily basis and work with the control manager to provide a report to the team lead
- You will be responsible for data entry of some data collected by you and your team from the field and ensure the agents follow data collection standards
- You will ensure that the expenses requested by your team members are accurate and well documented
- You will be responsible for generating any necessary data from Tubura databases for use by your team in the field
- You will Help the agents to correct errors that may have happened in filling data collection tools on the field
- You will Work with controls manager to ensure that physical documents from the field are well filed
- You will check and correct your team’s materials from the field and ensure their compliance before they can be submitted to any other team or department
- You provide the weekly report about your team to the team lead both in written and verbal forms
- You will be responsible for preparing a preliminary report from client protection and fire incident investigations that You have conducted in the field
- Assist the controls manager to prepare weekly and monthly reports as it may be required by the team management
- You will be responsible for maintaining the quality and accuracy of any information included in your team’s information
- You will conduct client protection investigations in the field as have been decided by the team’s management
- You will prepare a monthly field visit plan to visit your team members with objectives and key learnings
- You will work with Field managers and directors who are working with your team’s member in the field to follow up and report on the field visit to the team management
- In some cases, you will need to work with other departments such as Field Operations, Business Operations and Logistics to ensure your team’s work is smooth
- Participate in weekly IDS/TMS reconciliation process
- Other responsibilities that you may be assigned by the team management as needed
You will be responsible for maintaining client privacy and protection and ensuring a high degree of confidentiality of client data
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree holder
- Technical skills: advanced proficiency in Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, Python) is a plus.
- Ability to coordinate with different teams
- Integrity and responsibility
- Planning and coordination
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office Word and google docs
- ability to tailor communication to specific audiences
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proactive problem solver and ability to solve complex problems
- Commitment to client protection and confidentiality
- Demonstrates high-quality work with strong attention to details
- highly organized and methodical
- Good collaboration skills
- Experience with fieldwork desired but not required
- Language: Fluent in Kinyarwanda and proficient in English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.