The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 2,700students. CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master in Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (M.Sc.PN), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (B.Sc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N), Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS),Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR). CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons to fill the following positions;
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III (2 Posts)
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Human Resources, Management Education, Industrial Relations, Sociology or relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized University/ Institution. ii. Duties
- To coordinating and facilitating various daily administrative activities for the School or Directorate
- Prepare and maintain records of information relevant to each docket
- Responsible for files and documents in the respective offices
- Receive and Serve visitors
- Data compilation and report preparation
- Ensuring that internal and external communications have been handled appropriately for smooth flow of information
- Preparing meetings and the necessary documents
- Drafting of letters and making follow-up on correspondences
- Acting as a liaison between the respective office and other internal stakeholders
- Coordinating School’s or Directorates’ activities as per instructions
- To participate in reviewing and providing advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules
- To assist in collecting, analysis and maintaining personnel/ students records and statistics
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Assisting in preparation of the School’s/Directorate’s budgets.
- Making requisitions on behalf the School/Directorate where relevant
- Enhancing the customer service in the designated offices
- To perform any other relevant assignments/tasks as may be assigned by his/her seniors
iii. Other skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Computer literate
- Excellent communications,presentational and organizational skills
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to work under pressure.
A positive attitude is highly desirable in the successful candidate.
- TUTOR – SCHOOL OF DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHY (1 Post)
- Formal Qualifications
Holder of Bachelor Degree Medical Imaging or relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Institution with some training in teaching methodology.
- Teaching students under close supervision
- To Assist students in preparing final projects
- To Supervise students during fieldwork
- Planning and designingpracticals for students
- Conducting practical exercises for students under close supervision
- Assisting in research and development activities including consultancy activities
- To assist seniors on administrative duties
- Performing any other relevant duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer seniors/supervisors
iii. Other skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English.
- Good Computer skills
- Good Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Personal organization and planning skills
- Capable of rigorous analytical approach and results oriented
- Adaptability, Flexible and stress resistant
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Successful candidates for all posts will be offered a competitive package and befits in accordance to their qualifications and experience, as per CUHAS Scheme of Service.
- All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applications must be handwritten or typed in English.
- All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
- The deadline is Friday 14th September, 2018.
- All applications must be addressed and sent to:
Vice Chancellor, Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS) P.O. Box 1464, MWANZA, TANZANIA. OrE-Mail to: email@example.com