FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in 3 Driver positions (Tabora, Iringa and Dar es salaam) for USAID Tulonge Afya Project.
The The project seeks to improve health status, especially of women and youth, through the promotion of positive health practices in households and communities.
– Driving staff to meetings and appointments as assigned
– Operating the vehicle in accordance with the FHI 360 Vehicle Policy and ensuring that passengers comply with this policy e.g. vis-a-vis the wearing of seat belts for example
– Responsible for day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.; and ensuring it remains undamaged and in working order
– Maintaining the vehicle travel and maintenance log as per policy
– Managing the daily mileage record and petrol consumption When dealing with outside organizations, presenting FHI 360 in the best possible manner by being tidy helpful and courteous
– Reporting to the Supervisor immediately as possible any accident involving an FHI 360 vehicle and assisting in the investigation of and follow up to any such accident Notifying the supervisor of any maintenance or vehicle problems
– Ensuring the vehicle is at all times kept clean and fidy
– Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
– Other duties as assigned.
Secondary School or Vocational education plus at least three years’ driving experience. Certification from a reputable Driver’s Education program will be an added advantages Must have a current, valid license with an excellent driving record showing no history for accidents. Must be a skilled and experienced safe driver for highway driving, preferably 3-5 years of local highway driving. Sound Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
Preferred working experience with an international organization or donor project/NGO sectors Skills in minor vehicle repair.
Good oral communications ability in both Kiswahili and English. Good personal qualities with ability to function in a team environment that includes different age ethnicities and culture groups
Demonstrate high level of personal integrity. Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills. Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards. Ability to work after normal office hours. Basic knowledge of First Aid. Good knowledge of the region where the duty station is and surrounding area, streets neighbourhoods, airports, government offices and Tanzania Regions.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. For detailed information, interested candidates may either submit their application Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to E mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit FHI 360’s Career Center atwww.fhi360.org/careercenter to register online, and to submit CV/resume and cover letter. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: September 13, 2018
Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian August 31, 2018