Donor Liaison Officer – World Vision (Arusha)
Purpose of the position:
Manage the NO strategic partnership with Support Office major donors, sponsors and supporters, namely World Vision Korea major visits (including filming, churches, major donors) by providing timely and accurate reporting and updates on programming to meet ministry priorities and mutual transformation to achieve child wellbeing.
Promote deeper engagements with (potential) supporters and higher fundraising opportunities, especially through filming.
• Guests relations and coordination
• Ensure guests comply with WV Tanzania guest relations guidelines, policies and procedures
• Develop a task schedule and master calendar for all key operations or activities to be carried out by all WV Korea visitors.
• Coordinate and plan logistics needs for all visitors to World Vision Tanzania
• Coordinate with SO to host donor, sponsor trips in WV Tanzania by mobilizing key stakeholders and carrying out ADP pre-visit before donors come.
• Manage and coordinate SO (donors, sponsors and church partners) field visits, to ensure positive and predictable trip experiences.
• Ensure that tickets for WV Tanzania visitors are bought or re-confirmed on time and flight arrangements are made as per schedule
• Develop a profile/ Brochure on WV Tanzania’s visitors (Maintain a visitor’s profile book which should be signed by them before living the country)
• Provide visitors with WV Tanzania operational and country profile, child protection forms and security brief upon arrival or during their stay in the country as the case may be.
• Provide training of NO and ADP staff in donor relations to build capacity of NO and ADP staff to ensure that donor expectations are met
• Supporting filming visit and post-filming follow up
• Ensure government film licenses and necessary permits for media and marketing visits are obtained prior to the visit
• Take responsibility to coordinate with field staffs to identify and document child case stories for filming and submit to WV Korea
• Support all WV Korea filming visits as necessary
• Conduct post-filming support – work with field staffs to draft a proposal on support for filmed child/family
• Follow-up with the support to the filmed child/family and submit final report to WV Korea
• Keep track of filmed child cases, in case of any sponsors queries after the video is aired
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Master’s / Bachelor degree required with preference in communications, or related field of study
• Experience with non-government organization and understanding of transformational development preferred
Technical Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required
• English writing experience with either a news or marketing organization preferred
• Technical experience with video and still photography preferred
• Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required
• High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders towards a common purpose
• Must be available for significant travel time to projects
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field
• Travel: 25% Domestic travel is required.
• On call: 15%