PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision Rwanda (WVR) in a consortium with World Food Program was awarded a Five years USDA Food for Education (FFE) Programme in Rwanda. As such, WVR is soliciting applications for experienced candidates to serve as Deputy Chief of Party for this multi-sectoral programme that includes education and WASH. The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) is responsible for the management of the project, including grant implementation, financial accountability, staffing, planning and reporting as assigned by Chief of Party (CoP).
The Deputy CoP has responsibility for overall project operations. S/he should be familiar with the technical components of the project and the required support services. The Deputy CoP ensures that grants operations and sub-grantee management activities are in full compliance with Donor regulations and aligned to NO operations. Upon CoP request, the Deputy CoP would represent the grant to donors and other stakeholders.
Oversee Project Operations:
- Direct and oversee World Vision’s work in an assigned program, ensuring that all program goals are met.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments to the Chief of Party.
- Participate in education technical working meetings, building World Vision’s reputation in the sector through networking and strong reputation.
- Oversee supply and equipment acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with WV internal and donor requirements.
- Organize and direct the work of grant staff and short-term advisors, set individual performance objectives cascaded from project objectives to all staff hired in the project.
- Provide supervision, training and performance management coaching and feedback.
- Support Staff Learning and Development according with WVI policy.
- Develop and update workforce planning.
- Ensure strong staff management practices, consistent with WV policies, donor requirements and local laws.
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff is available.
Effective and accurate reporting and communication:
- Establish and maintain effective reporting, evaluation, and internal communication.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports that meet donor requirements.
- Liaise with host government officials, local communities, teachers, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Represent the project in meetings with donor and other stakeholders.
- Close cooperation with NO GAM lead for implementation of the GAM objectives as well as close collaboration within the NO GAM Unit on donor positioning, lessons learned, grant health and quality improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master degree in the relevant field with a minimum experience of 5 years and/or Bachelor’s degree with ainimum experience of 10 years.
- Familiarity with USDA requirements, their history and their development.
- Ability to integrate, lead, and motivate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working in consortium professionals, ministries, with the World Food Program, and with donor colleagues in country.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and reporting knowledge.
- Experience in staff management and team building.
- Experience integrating gender and youth into complex programming (inclusive programming).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience living or working in a developing country is desirable.
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing, implementing and managing large and complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries, three years’ experience with USG food aid programmes.
- Fluent English speaking and writing required, Knowledge of French is an added value.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of the humanitarian industry.
- Minimum level of understanding of local language.
- Proven ability to manage technical teams/large teams.
- Experience working in Rwanda.
- Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums is preferred.
- Experience in fundraising preferred.
- Experience managing and/or supporting education programming preferred, preferably at the Director or Deputy Director level.
- Minimum 30% travel to the project activities area.
The post Deputy Chief of Party at World Vision International appeared first on JobWebRwanda.