RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) Promoting Tanzania’s Environment, Conservation, and Tourism (PROTECT) project that addresses factors in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and natural resource management. USAID PROTECT is a 5-year activity that will end in March 2020. We are recruiting a Natural Resources Management (NRM) Partnership Coordinator who will be based in Dar es Salaam.
JOB: NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (NRM) PARTNERSHIP COORDINATOR– Dar es Salaam
The NRM Partnership Coordinator will support the establishment of a high-level steering committee between USAID’s Natural Resources Management Team and the Government of Tanzania’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT). The Coordinator will manage the Secretariat, which includes drafting a charter, liaising with MNRT officials in coordination with USAID, and facilitating regular committee meetings. The Partnership Coordinator will also support USAID to organize and facilitate regular Natural Resources Management (NRM) Implementing Partners meetings to improve information sharing and learning between partners.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of the high-level USAID-MNRT steering committee, two times a year
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of the USAID NRM Implementing Partners, three or four times a year
- Support the development of the USAID-MNRT charter,
- Review and update the USAID-MNRT charter annually
- Prepare agendas and minutes for all meetings in collaboration with participants
- Disseminate information to stakeholders
- Facilitate all meeting logistics and travel for MNRT representatives
- Prepare and distribute a regular newsletter that highlights success stories from USAID implementing partners, relevant GoT policy development related to biodiversity, updates, news and information about upcoming meetings
- Prepare a written status report on these partnerships for USAID every six months
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Master’s Degree or equivalent in natural resources management, environmental policies/law, or ecological sciences or Minimum of 10 years of experience in Natural Resources Management in Tanzania
- Minimum 10 years of experience coordinating and facilitating meetings, and reporting
- Ability to liaise and coordinate effectively with officials from the Government of Tanzania, USAID, and USAID Implementing Partners
- USAID donor experience, a plus
- Must be fluent in English, with strong report writing ability
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and within matrix project and program teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
To Apply: Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th September 2018. Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted