BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
- Summary of internship expectation:
The Business Development Intern shall report to the Managing Director
This internship opportunity will assist in the development of strategic and operational goals of the business development aspect. Activities shall be but not limited to: proposal writing, marketing, etc. This could include developing corporate partnerships, coordinating campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from institutional donors, trusts, foundations and NGOs, the Private Sector, etc.
- PRINCIPAL ROLES:
- Develop and implement an effective fundraising strategy
- Develop or market RICEM services to the private sector, youth, and donors and generate funds for RICEM sustainability
- Build on existing and relationships with donors, government, the private sector, volunteers, and interns;
- To broaden the mix of income streams, develop new streams of income including major donors, service fees products, consulting, etc.
- SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships;
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources;
- Manage activities for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation;
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to organizational needs, concerns, and objectives;
- Participate in the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors’ expectations;
- Conduct prospecting visits to Organization’s Country Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities;
- Develop and deliver the strategy for new business (products) development, appropriate to need and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with RICEM team, the Managing Director, and Board of Directors.
- Be responsible for communicating this strategy to all RICEM staff and Board members.
- Research into relationships that should be developed and manage effective partnerships with both existing and new key corporate partners, NGOs, government, media, and funders.
- Innovate and offer new ideas and approaches for developing RICEM, building relationships with other prospective business partners, and with other networks and members where appropriate.
- Stay appropriately networked and keep abreast of trends, news, events, and deadlines, so that all possible, new or enhanced opportunities are exploited.
- Work with the management team to develop and implement a strategic sales plan
- Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business opportunities
- Achieve its own sales target and lead the team to achieve team business and fundraising targets
- Initiate and complete proposals and presentation for new opportunities
- Work with internal teams to deliver outstanding proposals to capture new opportunities
- To maintain an excellent client relationship with an existing and potential client
Partner Liaison and Communication
- Initiate and manage existing and potential strategic corporate relationships
- Develop innovative approaches and sponsorship (and other) income packages.
Internship duration: 6 Months
Basic skills required:
- Ability in business planning, and providing business advice
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Skills in proposal writing
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The fun, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to youth empowerment in Rwanda
- Internship stipends