Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (GEUWASA) is Semi-Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water. It was declared water board on 29th May 2002 by the Minister responsible for water and published in the Government notice 258 on 20th June 2002 in accordance with the water works act, Cap 272 to operate and manage water supply and sanitation service in Geita town.
In order to attain GEUWASA Vision and Mission, GEUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified performance driven Tanzanians male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
ASSISTANT CREDIT OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL MANAGER
WORK STATION: GEITA
KEY RESULT AREA: Assists the Commercial Manager in efficient revenue collection.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Develop revenue collection plans and strategies to ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue collection targets are met.
- Makes close daily follow up of customer debts and illegal meter connections (bypasses) in order to apprehend the culprits.
- Supervise sales officers to ensure that Authority’s revenue collection target are realized.
- Check on a daily basis the status of current and new customer’s data base to facilitate easily payment of their monthly bills.
- Enforce the Authority’s disconnection and reconnection policy is strictly followed
- Advice the Commercial Manager on business strategies for revenue collection so that revenue collection targets are met.
- Dealing with queries about payments, ensuring customer pay on time and negotiate re-payment plans.
- Chase overdue invoices within agreed timescales
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Prepare, documents and monitors all approved contractual agreements for customer debts settlement
- Review contracts of customers who pay by installment and follows payment
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Commercial Manager
Qualifications Required, Competency and Experience
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly intelligent and ability to adopt to changes quickly
- Capacity to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholder
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
All applications should be sent to GEUWASA Office and be addressed to:
The Managing Director, Geita Urban Water and Sanitation Authority, P.O.Box 477, GEITA.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES (WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS) WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW, AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS UN SUCCESSFUL.