Job Title: Accountant – Paint Products
Gross Salary: 45k
Our client is an established manufacturer and distributor of paint products in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a competent and qualified accountant to maintain the books of the firm, comply with statutory requirements and set up the internal controls of the business.
· Reviewing documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions.
· Preparing and submitting financial reports including weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory, and capital purchases.
· Ensuring the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with reporting guidelines.
· Maintain data integrity of financial records including the General and subsidiary ledgers.
· Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
· Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, Processes and financial performance.
· Review accounting, account analysis and reconciliation (banks, cash, Receivables, and payables).
· Ensure statutory payments are completed and made on time (NHIF, PAYE, and NSSF), administering VAT and processing returns.
· Update financial records by reviewing and posting various General ledger journal entries with recent transactions and changes.
· Manage the preparation of all management reports
· Ensuring timely and professional communication between the Accounting department and internal and external customers.
· Any other duty that might be allocated to them.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, CPA or a related field
· 2-3 years’ experience, all rounded experience as an accountant
· Ability to interpret financial data and communicate this to stakeholders, advising and providing direction.
· Candidates with a demonstrated history of setting up an accounting department or putting in place internal controls are preferred.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages – QuickBooks
· The suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and should be mature
· They should also be dynamic and a team player
· Strong attention to detail is required.
Ladies are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Paint products) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 18th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.