ACCOUNTANT JOB ADVERT
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda in partnership with Boston College of the United States is implementing a research program on children and adversity in Rwanda. FXB Rwanda is a leading implementing partner of a research initiative, Strong Families locally known as “Sugira Muryango.” Which focuses on home visiting to promote early childhood development (ECD) for families living in extreme poverty in Rwanda. This year, FXB Rwanda is scaling up Sugira Muryango program interventions in three district of Rwanda namely Rubavu, Nyanza, and Ngoma districts of Rwanda. By joining a dynamic team of FXB staff, we hope that the position will offer unique career development opportunities for the successful candidate.
Position Title: Accountant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Number of Positions: 1
Job Location: Coordination Office, Kigali
Period: One-year renewable based on performance including three month of Probation period.
Sugira Muryango is a Family Strengthening Intervention (FSI) research initiative designed for families living in extreme poverty. It is a preventative, family-based model that uses home visiting and active coaching to encourage positive parent-child interactions while discouraging violence against children. This intervention will be examined via a randomized control trial to test the impact on children’s overall ECD when the intervention is delivered by lay community-based volunteers.
Under direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the accountant will be responsible for preparing cheque payments and cheque payment vouchers and recording the transactions in QuickBooks. He/she will also be responsible for management petty cash and office supplies and materials.
- Assist in the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in the preparation of annual budget and project budgets;
- Prepare payments for field activities and ensure accountabilities for field activity advances are accurate and obtained on time;
- Prepare payment vouchers for approval;
- Record accounting transactions into QuickBooks on a timely basis;
- Prepare PAYE & Social security contribution returns filing with RRA;
- Maintain proper filing of the accounting records;
- Maintain the chequebooks and payment orders;
- Manage petty cash and prepare requests for petty cash reimbursements;
- Prepayment monthly salary slips and have them signed by employees and filed;
- Receive and file administrative documents, correspondences, and other documents ;
- Manage office supplies and materials and prepare purchase requisitions for office supplies and materials;
- Provide the information required during the annual audit for the organization and projects;
- Assist the Finance Manager in compiling quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to donors;
- Conduct an inventory of assets;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Document expenses for the end of the program costing analysis
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other similar subjects;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Have experience in and be familiar with multi-donor programs (Desirable).