Clinic Nurse / Counselors 6
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health,
Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); as well as academic and nonacademic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve health and lives of the people of Tanzania.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Regional Government and Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in the provision of comprehensive facility-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services and program management. In order to strengthen care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to recruit clinicians to care and treatment for the HIV program for a short-term contract of eight (8) months from February to September, 2020.
Job Title: CLINIC NURSE/COUNSELORS – 6
Reports to: Health Facility I/C
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of at least Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution and must have a valid practice license; he/she should have 3 years’ experience in the field of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management, as well as basic healthy lifestyles.
- Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visit adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information
- Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
- Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Doing any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Job application procedure:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter along with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant certificates/Testimonials, three recently taken passport size photographs and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applicants are required to indicate their current contact addresses, telephone/mobile numbers to facilitate communication.
Applications should be submitted by hand or through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to the Human Resource Officer – DSM Sub grantee by 12th February, 2020.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.