Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and more recently maternal and new born health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC Pathfinder is currently in the process of expanding comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is now seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced Clinical Services Quality Advisor to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors. .
Key Job Outcomes:
• Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation. Works with others to implement the strategic approach of the program or project specific to SRHR services. Assists in the development of annual plans and budgets for the SRHR portfolio of the program or project.
• Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation. Reviews quarterly and annual program or project progress and financial reports and gives constructive feedback on the regional programs or projects and IPOs as applicable. Compiles quarterly and annual reports for MEL to report to the organization. Partners with MEL to help conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments. Identifies best practices in activities. Recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
• Technical Direction. Assists in the implementation of capacity building and development in the different regional locations.
• Project and Management Reporting. Assists in the development and delivery of reports related to the program’s or project’s activities. Submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
• Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods and ideas.
• Training Design, Development and Delivery. Assists in standardizing SRHR training curriculum.
• Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
• Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and coordinates the publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program.
• Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Education background in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
• At least 3 years’ experience and demonstrated clinical skills in provision FP methods, especially LARCs, PPFP and PPACFP
• Knowledge of health systems in Tanzania, especially at regional, district and health facility levels (structure, challenges, opportunities)
• At least 3 years demonstrated experience of the dynamics of working closely with public health sector in the urban and peri- urban set up.
• At least 3 years’ experience of providing clinical mentorship, on the job training and coaching of health service providers in the public and private sector
• At least 3 years’ Demonstrated experience of working on cPAC programs (service delivery, training, mentorship, coaching)
• Working knowledge of / familiarity with the following concepts: harm reduction model, values clarification, stigma reduction and rights-based approaches
• Working knowledge on opportunities, challenges and best practices in AYSRH
• Ability to establish good working relationship with the public sector
• Experience working with Dar es salaam R/CHMT in driving SRH agendas is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business December 4,2019.
Applications should be addressed to the Routfinder Human Capital Limited, Plot NO. 16,1ST Floor, Dabe Place Mwananyamala Trade area opposite Mwananyamala Market, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to email@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line.