|Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Danish Refugee Council (DRC) – Tanzania, 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Danish Refugee Council – Tanzania
Job Description – Livelihoods Officer (Internal/External)– 4 Positions
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, Community-Based Protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps. And starting from January, 2020, DRC will be implementing Camp management, Community Based Protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyarugusu refugee camp.
Name of the Position: – Livelihoods Officer
Reports to: – Livelihoods Team Leader
Supervise: – Livelihoods Assistants, Incentive staffs and/or Village Agents.
Duty Station: – Mtendeli, Nduta, Nyarugusu Refugee Camps & Host Community.
A Livelihoods Officer, under the management and supervision of the Livelihoods Team Leaders and in close collaboration with UNHCR and the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for ensuring implementation of Livelihoods activities in the refugee camp and host community. The Livelihoods Officer is therefore expected to be flexible to work in different locations over the course of the programme.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Ensure targets are met under DRC’s agreement with donors, in order to be accountable to the stated goals of the programme.
- Providing technical inputs to the programme throughout project cycle with specific focus to agricultural, Vocational skills trainings interventions among others.
- Providing training and technical support to programme participants in all targeted areas.
- Ensure proper documentation of activities implemented and actors/beneficiaries involved.
- Ensure Livelihoods Assistants maintain productive, supportive and respectful relation to Incentive Workers and/or Village Agents employed in the programme.
- Provide support, direction and on-job coaching to Livelihoods Assistants and Incentive Workers and/or Village Agents.
- Work with established community-based structures in the community and be solution oriented in terms of challenges arising from individual activities and the programme as a whole.
- Provide inputs for new sustainable livelihoods initiative/proposals and fundraising relating emergency and longer-term response.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in program planning and decision making.
- Ensure implementation of livelihoods activities are in compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC’s Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Provide timely and quality inputs for project narrative reports in accordance to donors’ requirement.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state Actors, private sectors through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Liaise closely with other DRC’s sectors such as; Community Based Protection, protection and camp management to ensure productive coordination and smooth implementation of the programme activities.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
- University Degree in Agriculture, Project Planning and Management, Community Development, Social Science and other related fields.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing programmes in agriculture, Vocational/technical skill development, financial inclusion and business development programmes.
- Previous experience working with refugees or IDPs and Host communities’ members.
- Previous experience in international organizations and in humanitarian settings.
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Gender sensitive.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English only online, No hardcopy application will be accepted
Deadline for applications is 20th December 2019
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.ngo
Closing Date: 20 December, 2019
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)