CAF Batch Plant Operators
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: CAF Batch Plant Operators
Contract Type & Duration Permanent
Job Number: GGM-2020-XUG-08
Number of Positions: 04
Works For: Supervisor –CAF Plant
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Basic Numeracy and Verbal / Written English
- Possession of Valid Tanzanian Driving Licence
- Ability to drive a manual transmission light vehicle in mining environment
- Previous experience as Batch Plant Operator.
- A minimum of 3 years exposure to mining or plant operations
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure the batch plant is fully functioning and ensure the availability of materials are to specifications and quantities.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Operate batching system to produce ready-mix concrete to correct specification and to OEM equipment operations procedure.
- Spot check concrete & make adjustments to recipes where necessary.
- Keep stocks up to date, order materials such as cement, aggregates & admixtures.
- Liaising with Supply Chain/dispatch to ensure products are delivered on time to the required quality.
- Ensure the batching plant area is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Maintain the batching plant (grease bearings, replace conveyor belts etc).
- Carry out own testing duties of aggregates & concrete i.e. Moisture Contents, cube testing etc.
- Complete tests & audits to fulfill quality certificates & product compliance.
- Conducts a pre-use inspection of the plant prior to safe operation.
- Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are adhered to at all times.
- OEM plant operation training and certification
- Working at heights training
- Confined space training
- Hazardous chemical awareness training
- Conveyor belt hazard training
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be CAF Batch Plant Operator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 01 st September 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.