|Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) Trust|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) Trust, 2020
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage a feminist Program Officer Communications to be based at its Dar Es Salaam Headquarters.
Do you have an uunderstanding of feminist approaches to documenting stories of change, highlighting the creativity of women’s rights organizations working in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and less traditional MEL approaches to movement building processes with an empowering agenda for change? Are you in love with monitoring trends, enjoy fixing puzzles – causal effects, love joining dots and will be there every step of the way to create a web of informatics that will contribute to the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grass roots to the national level?
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Job Title: Program Officer Communications
Functionally Reports to: Head of Programs
Working closely with the Head of Programs this position aims to contribute to the establishment of the WFT-Trust communication unit and implementation of its communication strategy which will deepen our visibility and highlight WFT-T mission of advancing women and human rights in Tanzania. The Program Officer communication will act as an interface between WFT and its stakeholders (the donors, decision makers media, grantees and the entire community) to share its mission, achievement, herstories and popularize the work of women heroes in the country. The incumbent will also provide support to grantees WROs and Community Based groups to generate herstories and other achievements for fundraising, learning and visibility purposes. The position will also be a custodian of the WFT-T website and its related online platforms by ensuring that its up to date and reflects the organizational development in the women and children rights landscape.
- Work closely with WFT-T leadership to establish and manage the communications unit that will become a hub of Information, Communication and Technology within the organisation.
- Provide support in the management of the communication portfolio for WFT-T to advance its agenda and mandate.
- Provide support for the operationalisation of the WFT-T communication strategy by developing annual implementation plan by creating linkages with programs.
- Work closely with the partners to generate feminist stories that demonstrate aspirations, achievement, learning and profiling of the organizations.
Support WFT-Trust’s online presence:
- Developing and sharing content on WFT-Trust social media channels and interacting with audience (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) including curating and updating WFT-Trust twitter lists and WFT-Trust online network of social media allies.
- Maintaining the website and keeping it up to date and accurate and liaising with relevant desks on issues of safety, security, design and functionality including uploading news, blogs, analysis, publications, WFT-Trust reports, outputs and other content to WFT-Trust website
- Engaging with WFT-Trust audience online including by grantees online campaigns when required, and help to develop and design WFT-Trust led social media campaigns
- Support WFT-Trust knowledge building and resource platforms:
- Sourcing content and disseminating from a variety of sources to grantees, movement members and allies through different platforms and updating and maintaining resource database
- Creating and maintaining an online Resource Center and sourcing content for the Center (publications, research, political statements etc)
- Support the development, editing, copy-editing, design, and presentation of working papers and other written outputs
- Designing, disseminating and promoting WFT-Trust position papers on different subjects
- Advocacy support:
- Support local, regional and international advocacy engagement by working with like-minded organizations and women funds to identify key spaces, target audience and key messages, including support for social media presence during advocacy engagement
- Work with the SPO MEL to keep track of WFT-Trust’s M&E tool:
- Maintain and keep track of communications analytics (Google and social media analytics) and collect both qualitative and quantitative data and information related to communications
- Develop monthly and quarterly communications reports, collect data, and produce analysis and recommendations in quarterly reports In collaboration with SAB and GM maintain internal WFT-Trust grantee and partners contacts database up to date
- Capture narratives, stories and outcomes of WFT-Trust’s communications engagement to support fundraising
- When needed, support with writing and editing of funding reports and proposals as related to communications priorities
- Liaise with Head of Programs regarding media enquiries and event invitations (when required)
- Support with development of design and lay out in innovative design for WFT-Trust’s online and printed annual report
- Provide across the board administrative support to WF-Trust
- Provide administrative support for both in-person and virtual meetings including by taking minutes, and documenting actions and outcomes
- Attend movement events and WFT-Trust own events such as retreat to support with administration, communications and photography
Required Skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media and Public Relations, Information Communication and Technology, Mass Communications, Development Studies or related field. Master’s degree in the similar field preferred
- Good analytical skills and ability to verify and triangulate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Advanced skills using the following or similar: WordPress; Drupal; simple html coding; Canvas; Mailchimp; editing videos and images; newsletter and database management software; using social media tools for online community building, networking, and dissemination of information; design of visuals such as memes etc (required)
- Skills using the following or similar: design software; PDF design and production; content upload and design using online platforms such as WIX and medium; online database/resource databases or curation; graphic design; development, editing and production of publications and digital resources for a variety of audiences (desirable)
- Strong expertise in using social media to implement communications and online community building strategies including Twitter, Facebook, etc (required)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multi-tasking, problem solving and planning skills (required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including fluency in oral and written English and Swahili (required)
- Experience of using google analytics and developing monthly and quarterly communications reports, collecting data, and producing analysis and recommendations (desirable)
- Must be able to work as a team member and independently, with high level of self-motivation, ability to manage periodic high workloads; strong ability to prioritize and work under pressure (required)
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds (required)
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected]
Please indicate on the subject line as Program Officer Communications, Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th August, 2020.
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Women Fund Tanzania Trust is the first and only women’s fund in Tanzania. WFT Trust is uniquely positioned in the mainstream of women rights movement of Tanzania as an established women’s rights fund focused on empowering girls, women and women rights’ organizations by providing grants, thought leadership and investing in outreach and capacity enhancement for women rights issues. Its reach and focus on grassroots level women organizations engagement and agenda articulation means it is in touch with the real issues affecting real women in their real lives and circumstances.
Anchored in the women’s rights movement of Tanzania WFT-Trust carries out its mandate through a two pronged approach to women and girls empowerment which focuses on an innovative grant making mechanism that targets and links grass roots women actors and national level organizations and its strategic alliances and partnership building functions that creates a mutually reinforcing and supportive movement building processes that seek to amplify women’s voices and visibilising their contributions in building a Tanzanian society where women realize their full potential and engage fully in the transformation of their communities in order to achieve empowerment and social justice.
WFT-Trust is implementing a two-year Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) project through the support of anonymous donor. As such, WFT-Trust and the donor have agreed that the implementation of the Project must be preceded by a Baseline survey that will further strengthen the formulation, implementation, results framework and future evaluation of the project. The Project will be implemented in Tanzania. The project is designed to contribute to increasing the capacity of women rights organizations and activist’s intervention and advocacy for essential sexual and reproductive health services and impact on current policy environment in Tanzania as well as facilitating an atmosphere that is supportive of human rights and sexual and reproductive rights.
Qualifications and experience of consultant
WFT-Trust is looking for a competent consultant(s)/firm with the following minimum qualifications:
- Educated to Master’s level in Public Health, Social Sciences or related. PHD is an advantage
- At least 8 years of proven experience in conducting surveys or studies, Planning, design and management of both qualitative and quantitative surveys;
- Development of survey tools and Excellent Report writing skills;
- M&E systems development and implementation;
- Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights, Women Rights in Tanzania context, HIV and AIDS and governance issues;
- Experience on the workings of parliament, ministries and CSO’s;
- Strong management, organizational, and communication skills;
- Proficiency in data analysis software and other computer processing applications; and
- Strong evaluation experience and capacity to independently manage the assignment
Purpose of Baseline Survey
The baseline survey is meant to assist the Implementation team at WFT-Trust with refining the design, establishing and implementing a comprehensive monitoring plan, including data collection plan, to identify baseline indicators, set project targets and to develop a cycle for mid-term and summative evaluation.
The objective of the Baseline Survey
The overall objective of the baseline survey is to assess the ecosystem of SRHR actors and their positioning with regards to the responses by national, local organizations and actors and establish benchmark values and indicators to inform the monitoring and evaluation plan. Therefore, WFT-Trust seeks to procure the services of a qualified and independent, external consultant(s)/firm to design, plan and conduct a baseline study for WEMA-Plus project. The baseline study is anticipated to start by end of August 2020.
Women Fund Tanzania Trust believes in the rights of all women to achieve their fundamental human rights which includes the right to life and the enjoyment of an equal and just society. In Tanzania these rights are enshrined in the constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania. Women’s sexual and reproductive health is related to multiple human rights, including the right to life, the right to be free from torture, the right to health, the right to privacy, the right to education, and the prohibition of discrimination.
WEMA-Plus Project seeks to address the critical need for conceptual/ideological clarity on rights agenda through mainstreaming a suite of rights with a specific focus on SRHR conversation into the rights based approach agenda to coalitions and platforms, Support grassroots women rights organizations,women organizations and youth led organizations that implement SRHR interventions through funding and enhance their institutional capacity. To achieve these goals, WFT-Trust will strengthen programming and advocacy capacity and provide financial and non-financial support to grassroots women’s rights organizations working within SRHR. WFT-Trust will leverage its experience of over 10 years in grant making and working with grassroots actors, leverage existing linkages between the grassroots base and national level actors who are key in policy and legal frameworks change and its diverse base of cross movement partners through its coalitions and platforms.
Women Fund Tanzania will focus on three key strategies to push the SRHR agenda and achieve the below mentioned outcomes.
- Using WFT-Trust grant making mechanism to provide grants to grass roots women’s organizations working within SRHR initiatives across Tanzania
- Mainstream the SRHR conversation in the current environment in Tanzania through coalitions and platforms that WFT-Trust is currently working with
- Support WFT-Trust institutional capacity on key areas such as governance, human resources and equipment.
- Approach and Methodology
The consultant is required to develop and submit along with the expression of interest an inception phase report which details technical and financial proposal based on the Terms of Reference to be provided to the successful consultant outlining how the assignment will be carried out.
Method of Application
The consultant will be answerable to WFT-Trust through the Head of Programs. The consultant should submit an Expression of Interest letter, Technical and financial proposal and CVs by email to [email protected] and copied to [email protected].
The Expression of Interest letters should concisely describe why the applicants is interested in the assignment and how competent he/she is to carry it out successfully. Applicants should also explain how their professional experience matches the skills and qualifications outlined. Closing date for application is 30th August, 2020.