15 Nursing Officers II – Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Institute (JKCI)
THE JAKAYA KIKWETE CARDIAC INSTITUTE (JKCI)
The Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Institute (JKCI) is a government owned national specialized and University Teaching Hospital that serves patients from all regions of the United Republic of Tanzania and beyond for cardiovascular medical intervention. The Institute has 103 bed capacity attending approximately 100 inpatients and 700 outpatients per week. It enjoys the services of 34 doctors, some highly specialized in cardiovascular
medicine and 72 trained nurses, the institute is organized into five directorates namely; Cardiology services, Surgical Services, Nursing Services, Clinical Support Services and Corporate Services. The directorates are further divided into 16 departments.
In addition to cardiovascular treatment, the JKCI establishment instrument (2015) empowers it to train at tertiary level cardiovascular care and treatment, and perform research that conforms to consultant and teaching hospitals and Institutes worldwide. In the quest for meeting its mandated functions, the JKCI works with stakeholders to meet not only the National and Ministerial health targets, but also the WHO health standards
as far as possible.
UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
NURSING OFFICER II (15 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES.
- Provide high quality nursing care using appropriate nursing processes;
- Assess patient’s condition, plan, implement, and document and evaluate individualized care using appropriate nursing model and according to the institute nursing policy;
iii. Ensure all drugs and other treatments are given to the patients as prescribed and observe any adverse condition;
- Maintain a professional friendly atmosphere and create a dignified environment;
- Maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and visitors to enhance the patient’s quality of life, dignity and the good standing of the institute;
- Ensure the safe care and custody of patients property in accordance with the institute policy;
vii. Maintain Health and Safety at work by ensuring that infection prevention and control principles are followed; and
viii. Perform any other duties as assigned by superiors from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a reputable institution plus successful
completion of Internship and registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives
Attractive Package will be offered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE
Permanent and Pensionable.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of
age except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written in English and ii. Deadline for application is 1st November, 2018 and;
iii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
HOW TO APPLY
Application letter should be addressed to; Secretary, President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 27 Bibi Titi Mohammed Road, P.O. Box 63100, Maktaba Complex, 11102 Dar Es Salaam.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT.